Shipping rates

akaimal

How do you guys get the reduced shipping rates on Fedex or ups? Tried to get estimates and I am getting between $80 and $110 for a 8 to 10 pound box.

Was wondering what's the best way for shipping corals.

MMreef

Unfortunately just shipping few boxes of corals once in a while will not get you discount . They do discounts for business , so you would have to register as business, and also by volume, the more you ship given period, more discount you get.

carpetreef75

Premium member
How do you guys get the reduced shipping rates on Fedex or ups? Tried to get estimates and I am getting between $80 and $110 for a 8 to 10 pound box.

Fed Ex seems to always be cheaper then the others, list as a bizness and call the store or walk in for prices bcuz the computer prices are always less then what the store charges when you walk in .

superfish

Unfortunately just shipping few boxes of corals once in a while will not get you discount . They do discounts for business , so you would have to register as business, and also by volume, the more you ship given period, more discount you get.
A regular business account will not help much on price. it may save you a few dollars ( less than 5% ), but thats it.
there are a few sellers on ebay print shipping label with a discounted price. But i thinnk there is a possibility those sellers are illegal..

Irsug1

Premium member
I've seen both good and bad comments on shipnex. I'm not sure how it works, may be worth investigating.

reeferside

8-10lbs is pretty heavy for something overnight.

I've paid $60 for 2 lbs overnight across country. I would recommend UPS.. Once Fedex screwed me over big time...

They screwed up the delivery (wasn't here @ 10:30), the weather was 105 degree here where I live. And to top things off, when I drove to pick it up (the operator said it would be at one of their locations), it turns out that another dispatch picked it up.. It was a 1 hour trip to go to the location and the corals didnt arrive till about 3:00PM..

Never fedex again..

Oh did I forget to mention? Their customer service SUCKS! UPS all the way any day