SPS Question

york3rdbase

Premium member
Anyone have this issue with SPS where new growth shades old growth and then the old is just Skeleton?This is my only SPS so wondering if this is normal or should I move it elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
That looks like stn to me. Since some areas don't look like it's in shade.

Have you tested your parameters?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

york3rdbase

Premium member
Nvm, just looked. Haven’t tested parameters in a minute but other corals are doing well. I rotated the rock this birdsnest was on a few weeks ago, and now this bleaching is visible from the side of the tank.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
It is fairly normal for a birdsnest, such as this coral, to be white inside from shading. Mine have always done this. You should expect any white areas that were in the shade that are now in the light to color up. If you see the areas in the light getting white then you have issues.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Nvm, just looked. Haven’t tested parameters in a minute but other corals are doing well. I rotated the rock this birdsnest was on a few weeks ago, and now this bleaching is visible from the side of the tank.

Is it bleached? Or is there still flesh but it's lighter in color?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

york3rdbase

Premium member

It certainly has flesh where light was present before. I just rotated the rock see if it will get some more light and maybe do better? Wanted to add another SPS frag in a similar spot, but not I’m worried about doing so.