Stand paint

98silverado

I will be putting a sump in my stand and was just wondering what everyone was using to seal the inside from moisture? It’s an older stand so I just want to do whatever I can to seal the inside to prevent any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98silverado

Can admin move this to general please. Didn’t mean to post in want to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CF2

Caulk the seams and then slap two coats of gloss polyurathane on it. Just remember that this only protects the shelf from water damage and is only effective when small amounts of water spill out. If water comes out of the stand and gets underneath, it is likely that the floor beneath the stand will be water damaged.

#theMatrix

You can't go wrong with kilz white water proof paint. It's mildew/mold proof also

I've seen a guy use black kind on 3 side wooden box and glass front to make a fresh water tank. No leaks. So us just using it to coat our stands is plenty.

Moved to General.

When I built my own stand, I did the following. Painted the entire interior with like 4-5 coats of Kilz white primer. Then I put 2 coats of liquid polyurethane just to be extra sure.

FPSD

Premium member
I always used rustoleum oil based at depot. Works great. Caulk seams before. Watertight then

Rich527

Hi
Can some advise me on what type of filter to use/buy for a Quarantine that is 20 gallons for two small saltwater fish thx Rich

FPSD

Premium member
Hi
Can some advise me on what type of filter to use/buy for a Quarantine that is 20 gallons for two small saltwater fish thx Rich
I always used sponges. Cheap and just threw them in sump to populate bacteria then got rid of them after copper treatment.