Stocking the Deezill Reef 150

Deezill

Premium member
Hello Chicago Reefers. So Ionce again need your help. The Deezill reef is up and running and everything is running beautifully. I need help stocking
the wonderful 150 gallon tank. Though my tank is 150 gallons it is not the 6 foot long type. The dimensions are 48" x 24" x 30. So I am guessing fish that need to swim the length of the tank like most tangs are out of the question I really don't know hoping someone can shed light on this. So far this is what I have in there.

Chromis x3
Yellow Tang x1
pajama Cardinals x3
Clowns x2
Dartfish x2
Cleaner Shrimp x2 (I don't count these guys are fish).

Now I would like to add 4 more fish for a total of 15. I would have that number already but I started off with 8 Chromis in quarantine and I am down to 3 in the display.
I don't know how they are dying they they are very healthy fish beatiful in color and eat very well twice a day.I read somewhere they kill each other off but i really don't know
I was thinking of a foxface but I stick my hands in the tank to place coral or to adjust coral way to much and would have to worry about his location so I don't get stung so take him off the list. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also think my yellow tang might be the bully of the tank. I am going to have to record his actions one of these days. As always this is a great community and I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Deezill

Premium member
why not some nice a$$ . wra$$es :)
I have a Malenarus in a seperate tank and I caught him eating coral a few times so I did not think they were reef safe. which type of wrasse as I do love their colors?

- - - Updated - - -

These two are my favorite in my tank for personality

Wrasse

Blenny
That Midas Blenny will eat my inverts if I am not mistaken. I will look into the Christmas wrasse though.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I have a Malenarus in a seperate tank and I caught him eating coral a few times so I did not think they were reef safe. which type of wrasse as I do love their colors?

- - - Updated - - -

That Midas Blenny will eat my inverts if I am not mistaken. I will look into the Christmas wrasse though.
Never seen them or my xmas wrasse pick at coral, sure it wasn't eating a critter of the coral

Peaches

- - - Updated - - -

Wrasse don't eat coral only inverts . They will look like they are but most likely chomping on a pod hiding in your coral or eating flat worms if of your corals. Now parrot fish will munch on your coral and look similar to wrasses in shapes and color. Except they got bird looking beaks .

wrasse

Wrasse don't eat coral only inverts . They will look like they are but most likely chomping on a pod hiding in your coral or eating flat worms if of your corals. Now parrot fish will munch on your coral and look similar to wrasses in shapes and color. Except they got bird looking beaks .
It's highly possible he was just eating pods or clearing pests.