The madness never ends

Smitty

Premium member
Hello fellow reefers......i just thought I'd share my insanity with you all. As we all know, i can't fit anything else on my rocks in my reef tank, sooooo, I've brilliantly decided to turn the puffer tank into a display macro algae tank too. Just when i thought i was done spending money, i find another reason to spend some more, smdh. When i went to Orlando, FL, I bought some really nice looking macro algae and threw it in there. Now I'm on the hunt for some more different types of algaes. We truly need an reefers anonymous. Lol

jrwoltman

Hello fellow reefers......i just thought I'd share my insanity with you all. As we all know, i can't fit anything else on my rocks in my reef tank, sooooo, I've brilliantly decided to turn the puffer tank into a display macro algae tank too. Just when i thought i was done spending money, i find another reason to spend some more, smdh. When i went to Orlando, FL, I bought some really nice looking macro algae and threw it in there. Now I'm on the hunt for some more different types of algaes. We truly need an reefers anonymous. Lol
Better be a little more specific on reefers anonymous. :hang:

jrpark22000

Premium member
Good luck Smitty. We all need help. Even as I've got rid of things making the tank easier to keep up, I'm still tweaking lighitng and spending money. It never ends...

Kamreefer

Nice how much did the shipping kill the wallet ?hopin when i go ro miami i can do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smitty

Premium member
Shipping was $40 bucks, but I feel like they got over on me because the store also charges $10 for a box to ship it in. You'd think the box would come with that 40bucks. Corals are expensive in Florida, the only reason why I bought two of the frags is because the wife really liked them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
Shipping was $40 bucks, but I feel like they got over on me because the store also charges $10 for a box to ship it in. You'd think the box would come with that 40bucks. Corals are expensive in Florida, the only reason why I bought two of the frags is because the wife really liked them.

Happy Wife = Happy LIFE ha
Bryan

Smitty

Premium member

Happy Wife = Happy LIFE ha
Bryan
And seeing my tank full and prosperous makes her happy. ?

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Moar! ?????

tinman

lol i do the same thing .. keep getting more and more stuff ..but now im truly STUFFED haha .. took me about 2 hours last nite to arrange and re arrange all the corals per their needs and i still have 3-4 guys *****ing about not having their needs met .. i should really stop but now i want to upgrade my tank instead :crazy: :crazy:

Smitty

Premium member
lol i do the same thing .. keep getting more and more stuff ..but now im truly STUFFED haha .. took me about 2 hours last nite to arrange and re arrange all the corals per their needs and i still have 3-4 guys *****ing about not having their needs met .. i should really stop but now i want to upgrade my tank instead :crazy: :crazy:
Duuuude... i did the exact same thing yesterday. My wife was watching me get frustrated trying to move stuff around, and i kept breaking colonies. Smh. At least I'm not alone. Lol

tinman

Duuuude... i did the exact same thing yesterday. My wife was watching me get frustrated trying to move stuff around, and i kept breaking colonies. Smh. At least I'm not alone. Lol
lol and the worst part i had to wait till the kiddo sleeps or he will want to help ( dumping things everywhere ) and he slept at 11:45 pm last nite hahaha

tinman

lol a tip may be .. when i want to rearrange things i pretty much pull all the pieces that are not happy ( or not so happy) and put them in a bucket filled with tank water .. then go by which ever one i like the best and so on and place them where they need to be with regards to light and flow .. finally dump the bucket back in and done. i used to do it one at a time by pulling them and placing them on sand but its wayy confusing that way

Smitty

Premium member
lol a tip may be .. when i want to rearrange things i pretty much pull all the pieces that are not happy ( or not so happy) and put them in a bucket filled with tank water .. then go by which ever one i like the best and so on and place them where they need to be with regards to light and flow .. finally dump the bucket back in and done. i used to do it one at a time by pulling them and placing them on sand but its wayy confusing that way
I need to start trying it that way, because i do put everything on the sand bed and go from there. Thanks.