Walt Disney Acro order

ordered a Walt Disney tenuis from one of our sponsors for a great price. It came completely bleached due to a faulty heat pack. They are sending me a new frag tomorrow.

I have healed bleached coral before, but sometimes it can take months to get it back on track. It had a few polyps showing in the bag, so this will be my challenge to bring it back to full health.

What have you guys done for quick recovery other than good parameters and light acclimation?

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
From my experience there is not quick from bleach usually takes a bit longer. Just keep it happy. Feeding could help

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I’ve had new SPS lose most of its color and come back. As a matter of fact, most of the time when I get New SPS it loses quite a bit of color. As long as there are polyps and some color, it should color up. Takes a long time, but that’s the fun with SPS.

Thanks, and I agree it is rewarding watching something glow from good husbandry. Btw Gunner, how is everything going with your move?

bryman

Try putting it in lower light and feeding as mentioned. After it starts recovering and regains some color, start adding more light.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Thanks, and I agree it is rewarding watching something glow from good husbandry. Btw Gunner, how is everything going with your move?
Thanks for asking. Pretty terrible. First, I lost three of my most prized fish, now my corals for the most part look terrible. My tank is running, but sitting on the floor with no filtration. My two triggers (Gary and Al Roker) are still alive. If it weren’t for them, I would start from scratch.

Sorry to hear that, but hang in there. You have the recipe to make beautiful coral, I can vouch for that. We both have said, seeing a tank in its prime is what keeps us in the game.

Well, bummer..... the second frag came bleached today as well. This time the heat pack worked too good. The cup was extremely warm and now I’m wondering if the water was too warm and the coral bleached from the stress. I don’t get it. Out of all the coral I have had shipped to me during cold or hot season, I have never had one come to me bleached let alone two. I did everything the same as with any other sps as far as acclimation with temp and lighting. In fact, I had color and polyps showing in the bag with most previous orders from hobbyists and online stores. I sent pics and an email to them, so we will see how they handle this. iPhone sucks for pics, but is is completely white.

View attachment 23135

Last edited:
Everything I have seen has been $150 + for a 1/2 inch frag.....I picked this one up for $120 which I thought was pretty good for a fully encrusted frag with multiple shoots.

madjoe

Premium member
Well hopefully they both recover and then you have two. This is main reason I never order live crap through mail . I always feared this.

I normally only purchase from hobbyist or online with lots of good feedback and that has served me well over a decade. I have ordered SPS from this sponsor and never had an issue. They have good cs, so I’m not worried. I was just disappointed because I wanted to see these WD colors in my tank after waiting so long for prices to come down.

Actually the first frag they sent me was a orange passion by mistake I found out today via email they sent me. I like that they were honest about it. I’m waiting to hear back from them about the WD frag I received today.

I already have a healthy orange passion so I’m going to give it my all and bring these two back to health. Once they are recovered, I’ll pay it forward and give the orange passion to a buddy.

carpetreef75

Premium member
I normally only purchase from hobbyist or online with lots of good feedback and that has served me well over a decade. I have ordered SPS from this sponsor and never had an issue. They have good cs, so I’m not worried. I was just disappointed because I wanted to see these WD colors in my tank after waiting so long for prices to come down.

Actually the first frag they sent me was a orange passion by mistake I found out today via email they sent me. I like that they were honest about it. I’m waiting to hear back from them about the WD frag I received today.

I already have a healthy orange passion so I’m going to give it my all and bring these two back to health. Once they are recovered, I’ll pay it forward and give the orange passion to a buddy.
Sounds like great customer service , beautiful corals & reasonable for Local is Lakereef & Saltwater 77 are your go to guys
Bryan

Last edited:
Well they refunded me on the WD frag. Like I said, great customer service! Let’s see if I can bring these frags back to life.

Thanks Gugsjr,

I’m going to wait and see if these turn around and make it. Either way a WD and a Homewrecker are in my future:) I’m excited to hear about yours when it arrives. Make sure you post a thread!