the renewed hobby build. Wild chameleon habitat
The first step rmove glass

Add some drift wood

Add a drain hole

madjoe

Premium member
Added some great stuff to hold the wood in place

Then decided needs more wood thanks chewal

Built the frame screen for the front of the tank gotta paint it black also put fresh coat of cement on spots im gonna leave cemeted

madjoe

Premium member
So still waiting the moss to dry and coconut shavings to dry so i can finish the scape . Gonna add real plants i have a humidity controler on order plus a ten head mister will use a ten gallon tank and mainpump to power the mister the drain will drain into a five gallon bucket canopy will go back on will keep updating when i jave more done

madjoe

Premium member
Man, that looks great Joe, what a fun project. You always have the greatest ideas!
Thanks mark cant wait til its done gonna be sweet wife is stoked about it next weekend is swap dont think i will be ready for chams but should be able to grab some equip and moss and what not . We c how far i get waiting on stuff in mail right now

madjoe

Premium member
Me and wife been up coverng the foam with silicone and moss around tree and coconut at bottom . Heres a pic once it dries i can take access off and the drift wood will be more defined

lunacris

def a cool build joe ! diy to the extreme! dont know anything about this stuff but what ever goes in there will have a bad azz home thats for sure

madjoe

Premium member
Getting there ran out of silicone dammit time to drive in this sheit

Also ordered 20 plants some assome mosses like a dizen diff kind

The reefer

Looks great joe. Would b kinda kool if u could do a diy waterfall. Since u have a drain, u can just return it with a small pump .

madjoe

Premium member
Looks great joe. Would b kinda kool if u could do a diy waterfall. Since u have a drain, u can just return it with a small pump .
Yea but cant with chameleons they see running water and use it as toliet so thats a no go but i did order a misting system that i will run thru the stock drain holes i drilled a drain hole and ordered a flat strainer for bottom of tank in the pocket i made that will be filled with big ruver rock or something natural looking