What light for refugium?

I am running three different lights on 2 fugues right now. The best light of the bunch is a 5100k LED bulb from Home Depot, most caleurpas grow like weeds under it, Red GraciIaria is growing under this quite well also. have a 24" T5 4 bulb with 6500ks which grows a lot of junk and is at best marginal at anything else. I also have a 5000k LED bulb from Home Depot also that grows Chaeto fine, but has less Lumens than the 5100.

MMreef

I am running three different lights on 2 fugues right now. The best light of the bunch is a 5100k LED bulb from Home Depot, most caleurpas grow like weeds under it, Red GraciIaria is growing under this quite well also. have a 24" T5 4 bulb with 6500ks which grows a lot of junk and is at best marginal at anything else. I also have a 5000k LED bulb from Home Depot also that grows Chaeto fine, but has less Lumens than the 5100.
Thanks, I will look into it, it might make the most sense and be cheapest of all. Do you think I need two of those for my 40 breeder? 3ft. long

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
I basically run this but i swapped all the blue leds with red works great for me for last 3yrs