Would you do a water change?

m.miller1547

Tested on 4/14 with very similar results. My NH4 has gone down, but NO2 seems to be staying high and NO3 is off the charts.

My wife keeps unplugging my power strip at night, but I havnt contested yet. Do you think the pH fluctuation has something to do with stalled NO2. I will also note I started the tank with so called live sand, live rock and a decently heavy dose of ammonia.

I have a bag of chemi-pure im the HOB as well. Ive always had quick cycles, but perhaps this cycle seems stronger?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

m.miller1547

No inhabitants... Im in no hurry either. I was just curious to see such a high nitrate and nitrite at same time.

shift9k

What kind of rock did you use? How much ammonia did you dose?

Personally i'd just let it ride for another week or two and then test again, your ammonia isn't as high as the rest, something must be working.

ultimatemj

Agree with the others, but I'd probably start adding some bacteria (fritzyme, dr.tims, stability, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m.miller1547

I guess this is a step in the right direction. Ive never seen NO2 so high. I'll bet my toilet water tests better. Ha.

m.miller1547

I have some DrTims but its expired by 15months... Should I use some anyways?

m.miller1547

Hmmm. Its seems that my nitrite is not budging. Still 5.0+. I added seachem bacteria four days ago. Ive let the tank explode with diatoms hoping it might help. Thoughts?

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Not so sure the diatoms will do anything but eat up the silicates that are in the sand. I'm a believer in probiotics and/or nitrifying bacteria additives. The last time I cycled a new tank I used Tropic Marin's Nitribiotic and if i recall, the entire cycle was only about a week. Good stuff...

In any event, your ammonia has reduced so at least you're in the home stretch.

Last edited:

ultimatemj

If you used Stability, I'm fairly sure you are supposed to keep adding it daily. Take a look at their instructions~
Hmmm. Its seems that my nitrite is not budging. Still 5.0+. I added seachem bacteria four days ago. Ive let the tank explode with diatoms hoping it might help. Thoughts?