Deep Blue Tank reviews

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I have the 75RR. The overflow seems a little oversized but besides that I really like it. It comes with a plumbing kit that has a 1" drain and and a 3/4" return.

lunacris

agreed i have the 60 frag tank rr. overall i have to say i like everything about it but the overflow. the overflow has adjustable plate which make raising and lowering the water in tank easy, but the downfall of this is that its not silent. there are two screws in the back inside of the overflow that are used to tighten the plate. the way that the overflow is you have to do some major tweaking to get it so u dont hear the water bounce off the screws. yes you can raise the pipe above the screws but imo opinion defeats the purpose of a rimless tank. this is my only complaint other than nobody local carries them and they can be hard to obtain. at the end of the day would i buy another deep blue tank .....yes all day for the price and look cant beat it.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
agreed i have the 60 frag tank rr. overall i have to say i like everything about it but the overflow. the overflow has adjustable plate which make raising and lowering the water in tank easy, but the downfall of this is that its not silent. there are two screws in the back inside of the overflow that are used to tighten the plate. the way that the overflow is you have to do some major tweaking to get it so u dont hear the water bounce off the screws. yes you can raise the pipe above the screws but imo opinion defeats the purpose of a rimless tank. this is my only complaint other than nobody local carries them and they can be hard to obtain. at the end of the day would i buy another deep blue tank .....yes all day for the price and look cant beat it.
I never tried using the plate; I just run it with the water at the lowest level. It is relatively quiet. I would buy another DB tank if I were building another one.

brettz16

I have the rimless 75rr.
Its been said already but yes, the overflow is much larger than it needs to be. Also, the silicon job(on mine at least) is fairly poor.

Other then that, its a nice tank for the price and i would buy again.

The reefer

I just finished setting up my 30 g rimless and so far I like it. Yes the overflow is a bit big and u have to raise up the drain around 1-2", but it gets silent after that. I would buy another deep blue tank for sure

ColaAddict

What size are you looking for Nino?
Im lookin at the 80 gal shallow. Someone beat me to your tank :(
Im waitin on a guy from CL about another Tech tank, but I havent gotten a response. I might also jump on that Elos on CL also. Just keeping my options open and researching the Deep Blue tanks.

MMreef

Im waitin on a guy from CL about another Tech tank, but I havent gotten a response. I might also jump on that Elos on CL also. Just keeping my options open and researching the Deep Blue tanks.
Brian at Best Fish got the DB 80 gal. The Edge series ( starphire) rimless RR for I think $549 in stock.

MMreef

Milwaukee WI. Great store, great prices.About 1hr. drive for you Nino. It is totally worth it. Just tell Brian Mark ( the limo guy) recommended you. He will take care of you.

Funlad3

Nino, visit me at the frag swap; I might have something that you'll be interested in. :D