Jasimek's 90 gallon build

Knuckles

Been in the hobby for a year. Started out with a 90 gallon acrylic tank with a 20 gallon sump. Was ok, but I liked the looks of a glass tank more. I found a 90 gallon tank on one of the forums with a stand so I jumped on the opportunity to get it and rushed over to get it

I broke down the old tank recently only to discover a small amount of mold behind the tank from my ATP overflowing before. So after ripping out drywall and redoing the wall, it was time to install the new tank. View attachment 7461

I had placed all my livestock, rocks and fish in a large Rubbermaid container with a heater and one of my vortech mp40's for about a day while the new tank was installed.

View attachment 7460

So then I placed the tank in place and connected the plumbing to my 35 gallon acrylic sump.

New tank is a deep blue 90 gallon tank. I used some of the old sand and some fresh new sand to the new tank. I filled with water by having it pump into a container and then overflow onto the sand bed. It was too cloudy still for me to aqua scape so I continued adding some old water from the old tank along with 35-40 gallons of new saltwater. Once the cloudiness settled, I aquascaped it.

View attachment 7463
View attachment 7464
View attachment 7465

Then I glued down my corals utilizing the bottom areas for my Los and the upper area for sps. I placed a large finger leather coral between the two islands which in the future will be home to a nice clam.

View attachment 7466
View attachment 7467
View attachment 7468
View attachment 7469
View attachment 7470
View attachment 7471
View attachment 7472
View attachment 7473
View attachment 7474
View attachment 7475
View attachment 7476
View attachment 7477
View attachment 7477
View attachment 7478
View attachment 7479

Hardware:
3 aqua illumination sol blues
Ehe return pump
Two eheim jäger heaters
Two vortech mp40's with vortech battery backup
Reef octopus skimmer rated for 120 gallonsView attachment 7480
Dual brs Gfo and carbon reactor
Emperor aquatics uv sterilizer
Reef keeper elite
40 breeder ATOcontainer
Tune osmolator

Livestock:
Royal gramma
Flame angel
Oscellaris clown
Firefish
Lawn mower Benny
Red tail wrasse
Diamond goby

Assortment of snails and crabs

Chaeto in sump
Led light soon to be installed over refugium

I think that is all for now

mlreef

Looks nice, the only advise that I have for you is take your time and everything will work out great!

Knuckles

Today I mounted my bio cube rapidled light above my fuge. I plan on adding red LEDs instead of a majority of blues since I hear it can increase algae growth. At the moment I cannot get the whites to ramp up but I am working on it.

View attachment 7645

View attachment 7646

On a sad note, located my lawn mower Blenny on the sandbed being feasted on by crabs. He was looking thin for awhile so it was prob just a matter of time

Big thanks to bigkev23 for bringing me five frags. Pictures will be posted tomorrow when the lights are on

Knuckles

Thanks. Lots of room for coral. Now it needs a nice flat rock linking the two islands together. I may get rid of the large finger leather and instead get a nice clam at the swap this weekend.