Led hood help

Jep21

Hey everyone,
Im currently in the middle of a new chalice and monti tank.. Was wondering what would be best route i should take in modding my tank hood.. The new tank i am setting up is a nanocube 6g led.. Has 3 blues and 3 white leds.. I plan to add 4 or 5 more blue leds and 1 white led.. Should i just add it along to the existing leds via soldering or glueing or should i just revamp the hood and do a diy led set up.. Let me knw what u guys thnk..

Thanks

Heres how the hood looks like

Jep21

So I was thnking of putting some solderless LEDs on top of these. Gonna go with 4 blues 1 white.. Do u guys thnk Its ok to glue it on the metal part next to the original LEDs?

jayjigga

Is it an actual heatsink or just metal? Solderless or not, as long as the metal can dissipate the heat, then make it so.

Sidenote: why would you make such a small tank a monti tank?? Lol...

Jep21

Is it an actual heatsink or just metal? Solderless or not, as long as the metal can dissipate the heat, then make it so.

Sidenote: why would you make such a small tank a monti tank?? Lol...
Just metal I thnk., lol it's gonna be mainly chalices but gonna try out some of my monti's since they are growing nicely in my tank and want to see if a small frag would service/flourish