Where can I find class 200 3/4 gray pvc locally ?

tomek77pl

hey guys,

I purchased a reef dynamics skimmer from a member for cheap and I need to replace the pvc as it is cracked. I went to HD and a local hardware store and all of the schedule 80 and 40 pipes wall thickens is to thick.
I did a research online and found out its a class 200 3/4" pvc but I want to try and find it locally before I buy online. I only need a foot.

capysolo

I'm not sure if anyone would carry it, but I'd try every hardware store... Home depot, lowes, menards, ace, etc. could probably call their plumbing departments.

I may have some, I'll check today when i get home. Just don't count on it... ;)

Triggerdood

Try the Ace Hardware on Lake St. and Addison road in Addison. They carry all kinds of things you cant find anywhere else.

tomek77pl

I check 3 stores and none have the class 200 3/4 I called bushnell in desplains and they said no but the guy might of been confused.
BBRT- the piece of pipe that connects the pump to the skimmer, I removed the old one just need a new pipe to glue in. If it works I think 20$ for a 200$ skimmer is worth it haha.

yogoshio

Yeah, around us is a Leep's Supply. They have ANYTHING you could want. Instead of a big box store look for plumbing specialties. They'll have everything, and for cheaper.

I went in to Leep's and they let me do a mock-up build right there. They even helped me reduce corners for better flow!

DD

"Rambo"
What about a plumbing supply house
That would be probably the best option. Royal Pipe and Supply is in Melrose Park on Lake St. one block east of 25th Ave on the south side of the street. Give them a call, they have everything. I'm not sure what plumbing supply places are out by you though.

tomek77pl

thanks for all the help guys but it seems when I call most of the places around here, they never heard of a class 200 CL200 maybe I have the wrong name but I think I will just order online. I will try to call some more places tomorrow before work.

http://flexpvc.com/PVCPipeSize.shtml

here is the sizing chart and that I got the class 200 from its the 3/4" one in the purple column.

capysolo

thanks for all the help guys but it seems when I call most of the places around here, they never heard of a class 200 CL200 maybe I have the wrong name but I think I will just order online. I will try to call some more places tomorrow before work.

http://flexpvc.com/PVCPipeSize.shtml

here is the sizing chart and that I got the class 200 from its the 3/4" one in the purple column.
I've ordered from them several times. Only thing that sucks is shipping, increases based on dollar amount and no way to get free shipping. Great resource for hard to find stuff though. I'll be home in a few hours, and I'll let you know if i still have any.

tomek77pl

yea shipping kills me for a foot of pipe haha. A foot cost 48 cents and shipping is 8 bucks haha. Let me know if you have any. thanks for looking :).

I've ordered from them several times. Only thing that sucks is shipping, increases based on dollar amount and no way to get free shipping. Great resource for hard to find stuff though. I'll be home in a few hours, and I'll let you know if i still have any.

capysolo

yea shipping kills me for a foot of pipe haha. A foot cost 48 cents and shipping is 8 bucks haha. Let me know if you have any. thanks for looking :).
Crap, crap, CRAP! I totally forgot. I have a terrible memory, especially after work. Sorry, i won't be home til tomorrow afternoon now... I feel like a goon :(

tomek77pl

its okay thanks for looking. I will order some from reef dynamics as soon as they answer their phones, I have been trying all day haha.