10g sump baffles

Bwidner

I remember reading either on these forums or on the cmas a bunch of people saying that the glass from picture frames that are at the dollar store work great for 10g baffles. Going to be building the sump out tonight/tommorrow and wanted to see what the thought was on doubling them up or just using 1 per? it will be the standard 3 section with the bubble trap etc.

yogoshio

If that does work that's freaking awesome. Wish I knew that a few years back, lol. And I wouldn't double them up, it won't add more strength or anything, especially since there will be water on both sides. Do you not plan on having teeth?

Bwidner

I didnt know ACE was still in business? I mean for a 10g with the glass from a $1 frame you really cant get much cheaper, and due to standardized pressure from both sides strength is not an issue. Now to figure out how to spread the stand to the back of the tank without releasing too much crap and at the same time get some into the fuge too.

yogoshio

I didnt know ACE was still in business? I mean for a 10g with the glass from a $1 frame you really cant get much cheaper, and due to standardized pressure from both sides strength is not an issue. Now to figure out how to spread the stand to the back of the tank without releasing too much crap and at the same time get some into the fuge too.
Just add new sand. No sense stirring up all that junk. It only takes a small amount of new sand to seed it.