40b sump help

ColaAddict

Just research the optimum water level of your skimmer, maybe the manual has it written. Then the height of your baffles should be that high, unless you want the water level higher, then you should get something to raise your skimmer to match the water level you like.

Heidi

The skimmer is a sro3000.
I have the same skimmer and LOVE it. The water in my skimmer chamber comes about one inch from the top of the output. I have it sitting on the bottom of the sump, not on a shelf or anything. Hope this helps.
Heidi

adam87

I know the baffles height I want(9''), but I want the baffles width. The only width I have found so far is 17'' and 3/8''.

WeePee

I know the baffles height I want(9''), but I want the baffles width. The only width I have found so far is 17'' and 3/8''.
by width do you mean depth or thickness?
if depth, just measure the inner dimensions of your tank and get maybe 1/8" less.

if by thickness, i went with 1/8" for my baffles.

Heidi

My baffles are 1/8 inch thick acrylic. There are three of them with 1.5 inches between each. The middle piece is set 2 inches from the bottom. (see picture). Hope that answers you question. :)
Heidi

FishBeard

I used the .220 acrylic sheet from menards and cut it at my work on our plastics and metals table saw. The 1/8" sheets just seem way too flimsy to hold up long term.

adam87

Sorry, I was asking if 17'' 3/8'' is the right baffle width for the 40b. I'm going with glass baffles, I just wanted the right glass baffle dimensions.

WeePee

Sorry, I was asking if 17'' 3/8'' is the right baffle width for the 40b. I'm going with glass baffles, I just wanted the right glass baffle dimensions.
and as i said above.
measure the inside dimensions of your tank. then go with something a little less so there is room to get them in easily. even if there is 1/8" gap on each side of the baffle you can add enough silicone to keep a seal and hold its strength.