Acro Bleaching

Bwidner

One of my acro's started bleaching what I am guessing is last saturday, I noticed there was no PE and did a water test, somehow the DkH dropped from 9 to 5 in a week(this is a young system so not heavily stocked). I did a 3 gallon water change to bring it back up(looking back should have prob done it over 2-3 days since it has a rapid rise). With no change on monday I full inspected the coral and found that the back side of it was bleached, it is not RTN as some on RC suggested and it is not dead(smells bad but not the gut chruning smell of a dead acro). Now despite having an SPS dominated tank for 6 years I never had anything bleach on me(not like this, I had one or two have some light bleaching at the tips when introduced to the system but they still had PE etc).

So here are my questions, at this point should I just frag away? Or how long should I give it to come back? The bleaching seems to be very slowly spreading, the coral has been in my system for 3 months and nothing else was affected at all. I don't want to prematurely frag but at the same time I really like this acro and should be able to get 2-3 really nice sized frags and a few smaller ones if I do it now.

As far as new additions I did add an ORA derasa clam and a birdnest frag from MCF, so I don't think either of those could have done anything to it.