Advise needed from carbon dosers

I'm having a hard time with my biopellets. It seems like whatever I try isn't working. Nitrates are steady at 40ppm.

I'm wanting to go back to good ol vodka dosing and unsure of how to get started since I'm running pellets. Do I take the BP reactor offline altogether or slowly take it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irsug1

Premium member
How long have you been running pellets? Are you runniing enough?
I don't see any reason why you couldn't dose while using pellets.

How long have you been running pellets? Are you runniing enough?
I don't see any reason why you couldn't dose while using pellets.
I think I'm running more than enough (just about 2 cups) I've had this thing running perfectly for about a year now then all of a sudden my nitrates are up and I haven't changed anything to my setup.

Yes! Very frustrating. I started dosing mb7 on Thursday, but not sure if that's going to end up doing anything or not

Did you recently change out all of the pellets?
No I did not change all out. I topped them off about 2-3 months ago. And I've added more within the last month/month and a half because of the nitrate issues.

Mjl714

Strange, have you checked to ensure that the flow through the pellets is not obstructed?

Yes I've checked the flow and have good tumble. I've tested with 2 different kits here at home and had a Lfs test as well just to make sure I didn't have a bad test kit