AEFW or something else?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I was going to say that it doesn’t look like it. Do you see little round bite marks? Did you blast the coral to see if worms fly off? It’s hard to tell with these pics.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I'm going to agree. Another way to find out is pull out a drag and dip it see if anything comes in. I'm guessing it's a metal in the water causing it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Arthur

Thank's guys. I did dipp actually couple frags in Bayer. Took close look at them. Didn't see any bugs or bites really but.... will see. I hope You Guys are right....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to agree. Another way to find out is pull out a drag and dip it see if anything comes in. I'm guessing it's a metal in the water causing it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What could that be? I have only heater and MP10 there. No sump, it is only 20 Nuvo...:(

Last edited:

Funlad3

MP pumps are known to rust, but it definitely doesn't look like AEFW; that's too large and too uniform a dead area. It could be metals, it could be something stinging it and subsequent bacterial infection/death, or just about anything else. Was it recently cut? It looks like the adjacent branch may have been, and the piece could have been scratched there.

Arthur

MP pumps are known to rust, but it definitely doesn't look like AEFW; that's too large and too uniform a dead area. It could be metals, it could be something stinging it and subsequent bacterial infection/death, or just about anything else. Was it recently cut? It looks like the adjacent branch may have been, and the piece could have been scratched there.
Ok. So I finally pulled the trigger and bought ( used) the "best" pump available in this hobby and you saying they rust???? Should stick with Koralia, Maxi Jet or leatly Jebao as I did for 18 years...:) I got this piece 4 months ago, it did fell of plug couple times or maybe I knocked it down.... also I changed her placement 4 weeks ago and put her high in the tank. Definitely was under some stress. Thank's for all advices. And I'm really happy that it might be something else...

Mjl714

You’ll be fine with MP’s I’ve find them to be outstanding water movers. I keep a spare wetside, which makes cleaning really easy. I swap out wet side periodically.