Algae Coralline

Amozoc

Premium member
H i have been trying to some algae coralline,but not results using purple up but still nothing so , does somebody had some piece of rock in order to seed my tank? Thanks living in Romeoville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goatous

I never seeded, just what came on coral plugs and the clean up crew.

How old is your tank?

I didn't get much for the first 6 months and it was slow going until parameters (pH, alk and cal) stabilized. Now (1.5 yr) every inch of rock is covered and it's a battle to just to keep the flow generators clean.

It's a pain in the ass when it's getting in things you want to keep clean... Careful what you wish for, it will come on it's own, when conditions are right and stable.

Good luck.

Amozoc

Premium member
Has a 8 months old, parameters stable just a little bit alkalinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bommie

Keep your phosphate low. Coralline doesn't like bright light either.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Saltwater35gal

Grows on it's own in my tank now, only have light on for 2-3 hours tops. It goes away when water quality is down or tank gets too hot in summer.

gg1111

My sump has no/low flow, bad lighting and has coraline.. I would say medium light. Medium flow, for coraline.. I have had poor coraline growth with strong lighting?? Shaded areas have more growth????

wrasse

Come over to my place and take it off my glass. It will come and then you will not want it.