Anemones and Zoas

tinman

i recently got a RBTA with yellow tips

love its color and all but at the same time worried thinking they might hurt my zoas that are in close vicinity

what are the chances that they would be fine or do you guys suggest getting the nem out of tank ??

if it so happens .. ill prefer zoas over the nem ..

tinman

i observed it yesterday for like 30 mins ..

its right next to an eagle eye colony, the polyps are closing when the tentacles touch them ut are opening up soon after that

so no issues i guess

rosko23

its right next to an eagle eye colony, the polyps are closing when the tentacles touch them ut are opening up soon after that

so no issues i guess
Yeah the Zoas will close,.. But that slowly irrates the zoa. It doesn't die from sting... But it will slow growth IMO. And if the nem gets too big and is always touching the zoa. The closed polyps will die bc they do need to open to live... It's more of an irritation..

m.miller1547

so no issues i guess
The nem can kill those eagle eyes n e ways. Time to step up the zoa game tin. I missed u yesterday my 20 seconds at justins.

tinman

The nem can kill those eagle eyes n e ways. Time to step up the zoa game tin. I missed u yesterday my 20 seconds at justins.
dang :( sorry bro i thought id text you but traffic is like crazy and its too late so had to get home ..

yea that eagle eyes (or watermelon zoas as described by justin yesterday) are from you :D and formed a nice colony lol

Got another kind of rainbows and alpha and omega zoas from justin yesterday :D so im gonna fill that nuvo with nicer zoas, nothing low grade ;)