Anyone want to help with pump placement?

rmeugene

Premium member
So...anyone want to give me any ideas on pump placement in my 24 gallon nano? I just bought 2 Koralia Nano 425's that I want to setup on the wave maker on my ReefKeeper. Currently the tank has a Tunze 6045 which is very near the Left top back pointed straight towards the front of the tank. There are two returns on the upper right side - one is from the sump which is a Rio 1400(about 330 gph) and the other is the stock Accela(about 260gph). The Accela is pumping thru a Hydor rotating deflector and the sump return is just a plain flared nozzle which is pretty much just pointed straight forward and tilted a little downwards. I also have a Koralia 4 that I could throw into the mix! I might put it or the Tunze in my sump.

So the two returns on the right upper are pretty much set. You can see my rock placement in the pic with related corals at this point. As mentioned I would like to put the 2 425's on the wave maker to provide some random type flow that the Tunze does not provide. Should I remove it and just have the 425's? What about placement of them?

Sorry for the 'newbie' question. Feel free to let me know if you want to stop out and see the setup!

View attachment 15690

tinman

Well, if its me I would place 2 koralias placed such that flow is direct into a return flow each.

Now it's not really advisable to use reef keeper as a wave maker the relays in the switches wear out really fast and you would soon have a defective reef keeper.

Just let the flow be continuous and out of the koralia placed towards the return noZzle

Just my 02 dollars