Aptasia????

Reef-Or-Die

Just purchased some live rock for a new cycle and noticed about 6 of these guys pop up. Im pretty sure they are aptasia but would like to confirm. Let me know what you guys think as well as suggestions. Thanks.

Reef-Or-Die

Thanks for ID guys! Any tips to DESTROY them lol. I see kalkwasser is a popular option. Let me know what methods are effective for you. Thanks.

maidia

Team CR
Thanks for ID guys! Any tips to DESTROY them lol. I see kalkwasser is a popular option. Let me know what methods are effective for you. Thanks.
Mix Kalk (if u have some, if u don't have buy the Lime pickling at Walmart same as kalk) and little vinegar then shot that anemone..

jrwoltman

Majanos for sure. A few years ago there was someone on here actually trying to sell them, if you can believe it. Your best bet is to find someone with a zapper. The Joliet Area Reef Club had one and I used it to annihilate majanos when I had them. You can find them on FB and could try reaching out, they are good people. Good luck.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I used coral fragging tools and scrapped them off. Then rinsed rock in ro water. Been a month no reappearance yet.

Reef-Or-Die

Thanks for tips! I nuked them with aptasia-x seemed to do the job rather quickly. Will update if problem persists. Thanks again all!