Aquarium Adventure

ColaAddict

Yeah, most LFS are like that. Youre better off going in on group buys and save on shipping. I know a few people here set up group buys for liveaquaria or BRS.

scotty

Sad really. They had a good thing going honestly. Now people wait for the half off sales. I'm a convert to trop quatics. They will price match most thingsbto keep you there but not really anything online for obvious reasons. Most of the time they are the cheapest

WeePee

its a shame their tanks often scare me.
any1 wanna plan a trip there friday evening or saturday morning?

FishBeard

Is this sale for fish club members only?
The sale is for everyone, but iirc members get 50% off their normal member prices. I am not a member, but I did just pick up a 29 gallon biocube so Ill probably stop in there after work or over the weekend to see if liverock is on sale too. I got an advertisement from them that it is every fri/sat/sun until the end of May, so if you cant make it this weekend, you still have a few more weekends to make it out there.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I went to the one in Bolingbrook today. They are having a 40% off all livestock sale. I didnkt get to check out every tank but most of them looked clean. Large assortment of Turbo snails and the sale prices on fish looked good. Sale ends tomorrow I think.

WeePee

I went to the one in Bolingbrook today. They are having a 40% off all livestock sale. I didnkt get to check out every tank but most of them looked clean. Large assortment of Turbo snails and the sale prices on fish looked good. Sale ends tomorrow I think.
sounds good, i need some CUC for my basement sump and some stars for my DT.

but in all honesty if i go there and don't see cyano i will be utterly amazed.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
It was a quick trip in/out for me. The few tanks I did look in were pretty clean and no dead fish. My tip: go early, it was pretty busy in there. :)

dalbright82

I went to the one in bolingbrook on friday for the first time. I'm new to going to saltwater shops and what to look out for with the tanks. Nothing dead, but i was concerned about the bubble algae all over and decided to wait. They had a large selection of fish and corals though and the sale made the prices more reasonable.

FishBeard

Bubble algae isn't as big a problem as some make it out to be. Just drop an emerald crab in your tank and you are likely to never see any. I took my emerald crab out when I falsely accused it of eating zoas, started seeing bubble algae very small in one spot, threw the emerald back in and in no time the bubble algae was gone.