Archer Aquatics

Not sure if anyone has been here yet or not. I pass it all the time on the way to work so I finally stopped in one saturday. They are located at 6727 W. Archer, Chicago, Illinois 60638. It's a east of Harlem, south of the Stevenson.

Anyway, I'm sure it is starting off small, and their facebook seems to have good reviews. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. They mostly sell fish, with 1 or 2 small tanks of coral. The store itself looks like someone just threw a bunch of tanks in a location and called it a day. Nothing was priced, the large tanks for fish had the skimmers in the actual tanks, so the microbubbles made it very difficult to get a good look at the fish.

I walked in, and it took a few minutes for someone to even come out and say hello. He then went into a back room and I never saw him again. I looked around for 5-10 minutes, and then left.

They had a small amount of dry goods, but nothing more than the basics.

Maybe in time they will get better, but I personally won't go back.

windycty420

I live couple blocks from it and I rather take a 40 min drive to aqua pros or xzotics. The owner is a dog breeder and should stick with that.

york3rdbase

Premium member
I don’t like to talk negatively about a lfs, but I agree with some previous statements. I stopped by once briefly, and probably won’t again. it’s really nice when you see a price on an item, rather than having to ask, or even worse, have to ask and then they call someone to ask for the price. The store was dark, not very inviting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toyotabb

I've tried to stop by but for some reason or another it was closed with a had written sign on the door 6 out of 6 times I tried to go. I gave up...