arioch's shallow wide reef tank

arioch

Some details:

1/2" acrylic, tank dimensions 34"x22"x11"
acrylic sump, 29tall dimensions I believe

6 tube 36" TeK fixture, ATI bulbs, 2x aquablue special, 2x blue plus, 2x purple plus
MRC-1 calcium reactor
Reefkeeper Lite, 2 pH probes (calcium reactor chamber, sump)
Tunze Osmolator ATO, with brute reservoir

Mag 5 return
Vortech MP40W ES and MP10W ES, ES NTM mode

MMreef

I like the dimensions of your tank,need to clean your front panel from coraline algae,its hard to see inside.Isn't an MP40 little to much for this tank?

arioch

Too much is right. Not so much the raw power, but more the tank's height. I keep the pair running at ~75% to keep the sand from flying everywhere.

There is no "front" panel, it's scaped to be viewable from all 4 sides. Or it would be if I actually could get in there with a scraper. I need to sell or mount the rest of the frags on my racks. Mobility in there is low low low. For now I actually turn off most of the flow and take off the mesh screen lid and just have lookdown sessions.

MMreef

Nice thing about those shallow tanks is you can get a great view from top.I see you have some nice SPS colonies,any chance posting close up pictures of them?

arioch

Just some pics of my minicolonies. I need to get some time to sit down and take pictures through my underwater viewing tube.