Backup Power

Kimoy

What do you guys use for back up power besides generators? I'm looking for something like to power one pump just to keep the water flowing in the tank in case of power outages.

Smitty

Premium member
I have 2 mp10's and the back up battery pack. So once the power is cut off, the battery pack kicks on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edin0009

I use this computer backup battery works well you do have to replace the battery after a little while but it works

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

edin0009

How long does the battery last on power outages?
honestly I never had power outages but it will all depend on whats plugged in to it, the cool thing is this one ill tell you once power is out it will tell you how many hours you have.

I also have one of those computer battery backups for my tanks. On my 75g, the battery lasts about 1.5-2 hrs, but that is pretty much only my return pump. On my 20G, it lasts about 4 hours but I only have my MP10 plugged into it.

RicoReef

Planing on getting one of these bad boys $349.99 on ebay

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alysak6075

I have a similar computer UPS set up. I have one pump plugged into the battery side of it. The pump pulls exactly 48W. I had a power outage a few days ago and the battery backup said it would run for 108 minutes. The power kicked in after about 40 min, so the UPS did its job.

Also please be aware that if the battery fails in the UPS than the battery side of the UPS is dead as well. This happened to me once. Woke up in the morning and everything non essential was running but the pump was off. Turned out to be a dead battery.

Captain

I have a Chicago Electric 5000w gen with a 10hp Honda. It can run most of the house with the tank for 15hrs or more on 5 gallons. get a Generator