best place for lr?

WeePee

any local places have a good selection of live rock?
dr foster's figi as good as it looks?
other online places?

looking to spend approx $150-200

ColaAddict

I agree. there are always people who are trying to get out of the hobby because of time constraints/moving. Just check craigslist. Also, you don't need all live rock. Bulkreefsupply.com has an exellent sellection of dry rocks that you can use to aquascape, then just add a few actual live rocks to bring them to life. I would have preffered to travel different fish stores and picked out dry rock that I like to aquascape than to get a bunch of live rock that looks ugly, or don't aquascape nicely.

WeePee

I agree. there are always people who are trying to get out of the hobby because of time constraints/moving. Just check craigslist. Also, you don't need all live rock. Bulkreefsupply.com has an exellent sellection of dry rocks that you can use to aquascape, then just add a few actual live rocks to bring them to life. I would have preffered to travel different fish stores and picked out dry rock that I like to aquascape than to get a bunch of live rock that looks ugly, or don't aquascape nicely.
i already have 75lb of BRS reefsaver rock and 30lb from my old tank.
want approx 30-50 more

ColorMeCorals

If you buy rock from CL you better know what to look for. You only get what you pay for. People like to pass their problems onto the next guy. Copper, Bad News Bugs, Dead Tank Syndrome Rock. I Have too much at risk so I only buy from a reliable soure such as Foster & Smith. Some People get out of the hobby for reason of everything dies on them. Something to think about. At least ask the right questions .To each his own. Just my 2 cents.

WeePee

If you buy rock from CL you better know what to look for. You only get what you pay for. People like to pass their problems onto the next guy. Copper, Bad News Bugs, Dead Tank Syndrome Rock. I Have too much at risk so I only buy from a reliable soure such as Foster & Smith. Some People get out of the hobby for reason of everything dies on them. Something to think about. At least ask the right questions .To each his own. Just my 2 cents.
more info on fosters!
you like their rock? they are my main choice right now.
their 45lb fiji premium is on sale right now, but i don't think i really need that much.
price comes out to 192 for 45 lb, and would be here friday. or $4.27 per lb which is pretty cheap.

WeePee

i heard the rock from reefcleaners.org is amazing i wanted some from there but i dont have the money to spend on my fishy tank right now unless its really necessary. 2.25 per pound free shipping over 30lbs otherwise $8 for shipping. and i heard their custom clean up crews are awesome to. :) someone should ask this website for a sponsorship.

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

http://reefcleaners.org/IMG_1207.JPG
that is not alive.

I have seen their Fiji and it is pretty nice. Each package comes with a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Make sure you factor shipping price in.
i did.
the price for the 45lb is $129 + $62 in shipping.
yes, 33% of the money spent is just on shipping. is UPS making more profit off this purchase then dr F?

SkunkerX

I got 1 90 lb. box of the Dr. Fosters premium large and it came in 2 45lb boxes, 1 box had 3 large rocks and the 2nd box had a few more smaller rocks all still medium to large mostly large and all were very nice shapely rocks, best deal I've seen for good quality live rock. A 45lb box of premium would be about $4.30 a lb shipped to your door great deal for some great rock. just my opinion thou

ColorMeCorals

If you want to see it in person is in almost all of my tanks. Its some of the best I have seen. Their Fiji Standard Rock is the same thing as Premium but not as much color and maybe a few better shaped pieces. It does'nt matter though because it all colors up.Its the life you don't see that is important. That is how I bought mine on sale and by the 45# box.

more info on fosters!
you like their rock? they are my main choice right now.
their 45lb fiji premium is on sale right now, but i don't think i really need that much.
price comes out to 192 for 45 lb, and would be here friday. or $4.27 per lb which is pretty cheap.

ColorMeCorals

Great rock but totally different . I have a Tank with it and one Piece is 60 pounds. If you compare the two kinds of rock you can clearly see the differences. Matter of what your trying to do with it. Also of course you have no life in it . So it has to be seeded.
Get Marcorock dry & add it to your live rock. It's beautiful stuff & ships cheaper, because it's dry.

ColorMeCorals

I just do what you did and factor shipping in and thats the price of the rock. Still not a bad price for what you get with out all the worry.
that is not alive.

i did.
the price for the 45lb is $129 + $62 in shipping.
yes, 33% of the money spent is just on shipping. is UPS making more profit off this purchase then dr F?

WeePee

thanks all for the help and ideas.

i decided to go with the 45lb of fiji from Dr F.
seems as its really the best price right now

xtlosx

I will have 20-30 lbs of rock that is currently curing to sell/trade soon..

The rock for my cube came from a local reefer who pulled it out of a 2+yr old tank... insta cycle! Was awesome.