Bigger

Deezill

Premium member
Good Morning CR,
Question for you guys. Where are you guys purchasing your reef tanks from nowadays? I am looking for for something like let us say 240 to 300 standard size. My contractor that is remodeling my basement because of the great flood that happened in may which is another story within itself told me my doorway is only 34 inches wide so I figure I better stick with a standard size. I purchased brand new 180 from a fellow reefer on this site but why not go BIGGER while I have the chance. So let me know where we getting these nice sized tanks from. As always thanks for taking the time to read and respond :)

Deezill

Premium member
Wow, I can't believe no one has input on bigger tanks. Has everyone stopped purchasing tanks over 200 gallons?

Chicagoreefs

Administrator
Staff member
The most common larger tanks you are going to find is Marineland deep dimension tanks. They make a 250 and 300 gallon and you can find them new for a pretty good price. The are 36 inch front to back but you can get them through your door by flipping the tank so the height of the tank goes through. The only drawback of these tanks is that they are heavy. Bringing them into a basement is challenging. Blue line coral can get these tanks.

Otherwise Glass cages may have a standard size that will work. Otherwise you will have to go to an acrylic tank manufacturer to get one made. Once you hit 210 there are not a lot of standard products available. Most the time you need to go to a custom tank manufacturer to get one.

GugsJr

TeamCR
@Chicagoreefs excellent info. This is what I needed. Thanks for providing me this. I am looking into Glass cages now.
If you want the best tank out there look at Tank Me USA, Gaston makes some of the nicest tanks I've seen he will be building my final tank when I'm ready

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk