BigKev's 25g Lagoon

BigKev23

Damn, it feels good to have a reef tank again..... for those of you that don't know me, I have been keeping reef tanks for almost 20 years. Most recently, I had a 60g SPS dominated cube tank and a 25g zoanthid dominated cube tank up until late 2016.

Anyway, here is the lowdown on the new setup...

IM 25g Lagoon
Custom Stand (made from a bathroom vanity)
AI Prime HD with fixed mounting arm
IM Mighty Jet Midsize DC Return Pump
Vivid Random Flow Generators
Tunze Nano ATO
100w Cobalt Neotherm Heater

Started with some old rock from my previous tanks and a fresh bag of Tropic Eden Reef Flakes.

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
Looking good. You should look at some random flow Generators for your return nozzles I have them on my 240 cube and my redsea max and love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mjl714

Be sure to watch the deeper back syphon created from the DT when the flow is stopped. I understand this is possible when using these random flows and the additional water could overflow your sump if you’re not prepared for it.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Be sure to watch the deeper back syphon created from the DT when the flow is stopped. I understand this is possible when using these random flows and the additional water could overflow your sump if you’re not prepared for it.
They need to be positioned just under the water line to prevent this. They have an article on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigKev23

This shouldn't be an issue with an all-in-one tank.