Bio cube question

steveo9043

What do you use in the back compartments of the nano cube? The one I picked up has a sponge filter and what looks like carbon.

fenderguy

Left chamber return pump and chempure elite, middle chamber is rock rubble with cut to fit filter pad on top of tray, far right is for my heater.

Right to left heater, cheato morph algea and light, up graded return pump weekly water changes and that is all it takes.

steveo9043

So far chemipure is the only thing that's the same between the two.

I see there are multiple ways to set them up.

brianspider

Left: MJ 1200 Return pump and float switches for ATO
Middle: Tunze 9002 Skimmer and inTank media basket(Filter Floss, Purigen, Chemipure elite inside from top to bottom)
Right: Heater

GBeck87

Left:Stock return pump and heater.
Middle: InTank fuge basket filled with LR & Media basket with Filter Floss, LR pc and Chaeto.
Right: Aquaticlife Mini internal Protein Skimmer.

cment

Left, MJ 1200 (cobalt version) Middle, Media basket with (top to bottom) filter floss, purigen, chemipure-elite and chaeto on other side, right, heater....

I have the standard heater in first chamber, LR rubble in the second and the return in the third. Ive never had a problem with this set-up. Simple but works. Biocubes are great cause there are soooo many different directions you can go with them.