blind fish

lunacris

hello all I have a nice sized purple tang that is blind don't know how but she is she is getting skinny any tips on feeding her really needs a special needs tank but I don't have one for her so any input Is more than helpful

mlreef

I've had a fresh water fish that was blind in one eye and lived for 5 years. Not sure about both eyes though. I feel real bad for the Purple tang... What happened?

lunacris

pretty sure it's both it eats just gotta shut everything down and get it alone to do so just seeing if a easier way tried her in fuge she picked away just too small

lunacris

set up a small 5 gallon tank for now it's eating like a champ I have only heater.and air pump going to agitate water plan on doing one cup water.change a.day to keep water good if it grows maybe some of the eye sight will return hope so at least if not he's be cool to set up another nano for it's a very small tank I know but trying to save it for a while longer. be nice tang police lol

lunacris

tried the baster no luck but if good is on bottom it finds it hopefully itmakes it fish just looks horrible but can't find it in me to flush due to it still swimming and such

lunacris

oh not even in back of mind I've read that dishes.eyes grow as fish do so there's still some hope that it will regain partial vision