Booster pump placement

Danieldv6

Please guys help me find the installation place in my ro/di system..I have the di resin after the ro membrane..instructions recomends before the ro memebrane but I have di resin as last stage..also am worried about reaching over 100 psi..could explode or something..please help..thanks ..
Daniel.View attachment 16265

jrpark22000

Premium member
A quick note about how you have it mounted. I'd recommend you put the pump head facing down instead of up. The heads tend to drip after a while and with your current mounting, the motor would get wet.

For placement, sediment filter, then carbon block, then booster pump, then membrane, then DI resin(s).

ultimatemj

Unless you have really gritty water, I believe the BRS recommendation is

Water Supply > Booster Pump > Sediment filter > carbon block > membrane > DI resin

If you have gritty water, they put a large grain filter between the supply and the booster.

The BRS RODI systems have a max pressure of 80PSI. Note: the booster pump has a set screw on top that can allow you bypass some of the added pressure.

Also, Black is typically waste water, Red is supply, and Blue is clean output. As well as there are arrows on top of the booster pump to indicate IN/OUT.

From my recollection of setting it up, your picture does not look correct. I would expect red into and out of the pump....

Last edited:

Danieldv6

Unless you have really gritty water, I believe the BRS recommendation is

Water Supply > Booster Pump > Sediment filter > carbon block > membrane > DI resin

If you have gritty water, they put a large grain filter between the supply and the booster.

The BRS RODI systems have a max pressure of 80PSI. Note: the booster pump has a set screw on top that can allow you bypass some of the added pressure.

Also, Black is typically waste water, Red is supply, and Blue is clean output. As well as there are arrows on top of the booster pump to indicate IN/OUT.

From my recollection of setting it up, your picture does not look correct. I would expect red into and out of the pump....
.I just got pieces cutted at the sizes I need but dont got them on the wrong input..thanks

Buckeye Hydro

Here is how we have recommended plumbing the booster pump for years. We DO NOT recommend placing the pump before the sediment filter.

Russ

jrpark22000

Premium member
Here is how we have recommended plumbing the booster pump for years. We DO NOT recommend placing the pump before the sediment filter.

Russ
You're not the only one Russ, other rodi only companies do the same. Simply put, why risk your pump when your filters are designed to be replaceable?

Buckeye Hydro

Believe it or not, a number of years back the standard accepted practice was to put the pump before the entire system. Aquatec, the manufacturer of most of the booster pumps used in this hobby, promoted the idea of having the booster pump between the sediment filter and the carbon block. Aquatec wanted a sediment filter before the pump, but didn't want carbon getting into the pump. This wasn't a practical solution as those two housings are often hard plumbed together. The configuration that was in wide use at the time was to put the pump before the entire system.

To my knowledge Buckeye Hydro was the first national water treatment company to begin recommending placement of the pump after all prefilters, including a screen strainer (located after the carbon). We promoted this change primarily to protect the prefilter housings.

Russ

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Also, regarding the pressure, on your pump you should see a little Allen bolt. That is the pressure adjustment.