Bubble Algae

ColaAddict

Give your emerald crabs some time. that's their favorite food. I have 3 in my tank that cleaned out all the bubble algae. Or do what Jeni said, clean by hand whatever you can reach and I think the emerald crabs will eat out the rest.

nyckeeandnate6

I will try starving the tank a couple days to see if he eats it. I kept crushing in when I went to pick it off by hand and with tweezers.

ColaAddict

Yeah, just let your crabs do the work. How many emeralds do you have in there? I think they'll eventually work them out of your tank.

scotty

they do pop them, thats why it is an endless circle with the crabs.

they will eat it eventually, but i dont think it's their "favorite" becuase they will eat anything and everything.

gig

I have 5 emeralds in my 180, the smaller "tender" bubble algae doesn't exist, occassinally a large one is able to grow, then I'll just pop them and rip them out. I've heard the "pop" makes them spread, but I'm guessing that might be with the "tender" smaller ones, the older "tougher" ones I bust with a tweezer and pull them out, I never ever see an outbreak of bubble algae anymore.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I've picked them by hand. The tip I would give you is twist then pull them. They don't seem to pop as easily then. Try some rubber tipped tweezers for the ones in tight places.