Bulk reef supply charging more for members?

Joe5688

Has anyone else caught this? I went to go buy some more 2 part and i went to check out. My total was $35.07. I realized i wasn't logged into my account and logged in and the price went up to $38.97. Both still offered free shipping. I tried it again and logged out just to make sure i wasn't crazy and same thing. $3.90 difference.

tinman

we had a similar discussion on here before i remember .. they would refund if you call them which mean more work on our part and also those who dont call get screwed ? :D

#theMatrix

I pointed this out during the 1st quarter group buy. I had someone in the group buy check a price for something on the GB accounts and my unloged in price was cheaper than thr GB. Sure i woulnt get 3x points but....in the end i think its the same.
A sales scheme not shady but making you believe saved when price was increased

Yeah I try to buy from brs as little as possible nowadays because there inventory is priced higher than other online sellers. It may be just a buck or 2 but its hard enough in this hobby. Everyone trying to gouge you. I use to buy alot from dfs but they have been charging taxes for like a year now. And what ever they are calling sales its like paying regular prices with the taxes now. I might just get all of my reef related items from ap, dave and mike always hook me up, maybe cause I'm always in there buying something.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I pointed this out during the 1st quarter group buy. I had someone in the group buy check a price for something on the GB accounts and my unloged in price was cheaper than thr GB. Sure i woulnt get 3x points but....in the end i think its the same.
A sales scheme not shady but making you believe saved when price was increased
i would consider this shady. +1 to AP very competitive pricing and no shadiness :)

tinman

Yeah I try to buy from brs as little as possible nowadays because there inventory is priced higher than other online sellers. It may be just a buck or 2 but its hard enough in this hobby. Everyone trying to gouge you. I use to buy alot from dfs but they have been charging taxes for like a year now. And what ever they are calling sales its like paying regular prices with the taxes now. I might just get all of my reef related items from ap, dave and mike always hook me up, maybe cause I'm always in there buying something.
has to do something with the free shipping they started to offer :)

they be like ... oh lets offer free shipping and let them pay for it indirectly :) lol

has to do something with the free shipping they started to offer :)

they be like ... oh lets offer free shipping and let them pay for it indirectly :) lol
Yeah who cares about free shipping. I always order more than enough to qualify for free shipping. Big deal lol!!

#theMatrix

Or when kohls puts things normaly on sale for retail price when your allowed to use kohls cash...i coulda bought thag when it was on sale for less. Keep the kohls cash.
Somehow...thats how i feel about the brs pts.

1jwampler

Has anyone with a gripe called BRS? I'm not defending them as I have no inside track to their M/O, but as a guy involved in ERP and ecommerce I can say some of the rules you try to implement get broken by accident. My to calls with customer service
Have been handled better than expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Has anyone with a gripe called BRS? I'm not defending them as I have no inside track to their M/O, but as a guy involved in ERP and ecommerce I can say some of the rules you try to implement get broken by accident. My to calls with customer service
Have been handled better than expected

well someone posted in order to get the lower price you have to call to complain so I would say yes they are well aware of the issue and either don't give a F or are too incompetent to fix it.

1jwampler

well someone posted in order to get the lower price you have to call to complain so I would say yes they are well aware of the issue and either don't give a F or are too incompetent to fix it.
I'm not sure of the circumstances and don't have enough experience to defend this issue. I just ask have you called customer service personally? They seem over the top on resolving issues. When I have called others they seem to be defensive and have a prove it attitude these guys made two dumb mistakes on my orders, when I called they didn't challenge me, ask a bunch of stupid questions they just overnighted the correct parts even though I only paid for ground. Yes silly that they got the shipments wrong, but I always judge on how vendors handle mistakes, and I have to say in my limited experience first rate.

1jwampler

Sorry but I have to take a stab at Apex, perhaps I'm too easy on BRS because of the horrible support and even worse customer service I got from Apex. See my post on the WAV in this forum