Can you cut Pulsing Xenias?

ColaAddict

I want to get some annoying pulsing xenias that are trying to spread on my rock work and rubberband them to an island rock of their own. I tried to peel them off the rock, but they are so stuck to it, I think I damaged them too much. can I cut them instead and will they be okay when cut?
what happens to what little base piece is left on the rock that was cut off, will it die off, or grow a new stalk?

lunacris

So I have done this. I cut at rock and tried rubber band tooth pick glue. It always breaks off best bet is to cut it and out it into a cup or conttainer in tank so it can reattatch itsself. This worked for me and the left over on rock will grow back in most cases. I cut all mine down and it all grew back. Then one day bang left with two stalks that are regrowing. Finally

jcarlilesiu

We ripped out some pulsating xenia a few weeks ago. On the bottom, if you get the whole "foot" its a little tough piece of flesh. Meaning that if you get the whole coral, the bottom of it should feel a little hard. If its gooey and soft you ripped it.

If you did rip it, don't fret. We didn't try to save ours, and just ripped it all out. Now, from what was left of the little foot on the rock is all new baby xenia popping out.

This stuff is really resilient.