Carpet Anemone

jsteffen

I have a Green Carpet Anemone, small about 3" across. He moves like condy I try to move him to the light and he always goes to the crevices and hides in the dark all the time. Right now he is well hidden in a cave which recieves no light. His appetite is good and looks healthy. Is this normal?

misenplace101

Not sure if it's normal but you can try blowing a power head where it's at in hope to make it move. It worked on my rbta.

fastrc

They like mild flow and dimmer light than you would think. MH lights will make them hide out of direct light. If it's happy were it is leave it be. Making him move to suit you isn't always whats best for them. If the lighting in the crevice isn't enough it will move on it's own.

Smitty

Premium member
Just give it time to adjust, they will establish themselves where they feel most comfortable. Hopefully your water parameters and lighting is adequate so that it doesn't go back there and die on you, which sometimes a stressed anemone will do. Just keep your eyes on it for a few days and make sure it's still inflating during the day and eating every few days. Good luck and keep us updated.