Chicago Reefs Events- Looking for feedback

goat585

Administrator
I am working on more events for 2018 and am interested in knowing what are things that you would like to do. I can setup meet ups at sponsors stores for sure. I'm not sure what else people would be interested in doing. I could setup lunch or dinner at different places for meetups. I could possibly try and get a speaker and meet at a library of something like that. Just like to hear what everyone is interested in.

I am also thinking about setting up a Chicago Reefs event committee to help plan events and come up with ideas. If there are people who would like to get involved in planning please let me know.

Tom

Cubano32

Premium member
So I also do freshwater planted tanks and I belong to Chicago Aquatic Plant Society and what we do is every month we have meetings a library where the location changes every time to be able to accommodate every ones location. But in those meetings we have someone in the group talk about water quality, plant ID, dosing, you know pretty much just anything about the hobby to help out beginners. Or even people who just want to learn more about it.

Every now and then we do lile DIY demonstration for anyone who want learn how to build let's say their own led light or sump, reactor, ect.

We also bring in plants that we trim or just want to give away to other members to help them out if they are trying to stock their tanks or even do trades their.

We do so many things like this at our meetings this is just a few examples, and we do giveaways, from anything that was done as a DIY demonstration to small nano tanks, plant packs, ect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We could possibly also try and set up events like group trips to the Shedd, or for those truly brave, group trips to Liveaquaria in Rhinelander.

I like the ideas [MENTION=3428]Cubano32[/MENTION] mentioned. Rotating meetings are always nice. And even for those alcoholics with a reefing addiction, we could even do meetups in places that aren't specifically just aquarium related.

If you need help I'd gladly offer my assistance.

madjoe

Premium member
We could possibly also try and set up events like group trips to the Shedd, or for those truly brave, group trips to Liveaquaria in Rhinelander.

I like the ideas [MENTION=3428]Cubano32[/MENTION] mentioned. Rotating meetings are always nice. And even for those alcoholics with a reefing addiction, we could even do meetups in places that aren't specifically just aquarium related.

If you need help I'd gladly offer my assistance.
The shed be awsome

goat585

Administrator
These are some good suggestions. Keep them coming. I'm working on something for February/March now

ADAM

Premium member
How about webcasts where we get speakers that are not necessarily in the chicago area? Or virtual tours of sponsors or other interesting locations again that are remote.