ChicagoReefs Native Android App - Google Play

jrpark22000

Premium member
It's here! Finally I've been able to coordinate getting the Android app completed and published for the CR forum.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_3116

For all the Android users, you now have an alternative to tapatalk. It's new so please let me know of any bugs you find. The app is build by vbulletin themselves, so I'm not sure how much support I'll get from them for application problems. I've been using it for a couple days and don't see any problems.

A note for IOS users; I'd have to purchase two MAC devices to publish, maintain and test an Apple store app. This just isn't on my road map of things to do. Please continue to use tapatalk or other Apple Store apps to surf the forum while mobile.

jrpark22000

Premium member
The one Thing I see missing is the Thank/Like options. These are a 3rd party plugin to vBulletin and not likely to be supported in an app build by vBulletin.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I click on this photo option button
And get this message
ANARCHY
The "photos" from the main menu actually is a link to user "photo album" which was a disabled feature on CR. Thinking it over, it was disabled as a remnant of the old slow server. Everyone now has the option to create, view, manage their own Photo Album under their user profile.