Cigar Smokers?

DD

"Rambo"
We have any cigar smokers in here?

I remember back when I turned 18, I was really into cigars. I played a lot of golf, and couldn't imagine playing without having a stogie or two, one per 9. I had a great source for Cuban cigars, so I smoked really good ones.

I was probably into cigars for about 2 years, and then suddenly stopped smoking them. So now, 17 years later, I'm back at it.

My old humidor still had several cigars sitting in it, despite not being kept even remotely at the right conditions....needless to say, trying to rehydrate them didn't work, which led to the demise of a few Cuban cigars.

After getting that humidor seasoned again, I bought another one and currently have two going. The old one houses any large numbers of cigars that I get in boxes, and the new one which holds more is more for aging or single cigars that I buy.

So far I'm really liking the Punch Rare Corojo, the El Centurion H-2K-CT, Cohiba Nicaragua N45, and while I haven't tried it yet, I have a Pappy Van Winkle robusto box of cigars. The tobacco is aged in bourbon barrels, and I've been told the cigars are great. Those are currently resting in my humidor for a couple more weeks, and then I'll try one.

I'm in the phase where I'm trying as many out as I can. I already know which cigars I'll never buy again because they were either boring, or garbage. My plan is to find 3-4 that I like, and buy in bulk, then just try other ones here and there.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I'm a huge cigar smoker. I won't smoke in my house though. I've had 2 types of Cubans. The Cohiba Behike great cigar even at $60 a stick, and another Cohiba at $30 a stick (can't remember the name). I love Cubans because it seems they take more pride in the way they are rolled and are never rolled to tight or loose so you get a nice draw all the way through the cigar.

I have a few favorites depending on the price range, and flavor. Here is what I have currently and I'm always willing to trade cigars with other cigar aficionados.

Here is my humidor. Everything is pretty much full, I have a few boxes that are running low though

View attachment 22966

DD

"Rambo"
I'm a huge cigar smoker. I won't smoke in my house though. I've had 2 types of Cubans. The Cohiba Behike great cigar even at $60 a stick, and another Cohiba at $30 a stick (can't remember the name). I love Cubans because it seems they take more pride in the way they are rolled and are never rolled to tight or loose so you get a nice draw all the way through the cigar.

I have a few favorites depending on the price range, and flavor. Here is what I have currently and I'm always willing to trade cigars with other cigar aficionados.

Here is my humidor. Everything is pretty much full, I have a few boxes that are running low though

View attachment 22966
Nice! I think my next step will be setting up a wineador. One of my biggest problems is heat. The temperature in my place is always warm, even if I adjust the thermostat, so I'm always having issues with temp rather than humidity so the wineador makes sense as the next purchase.

I agree about smoking in the house. A relative smokes in his basement, and despite having expensive air purifiers, it still smells like stale buttcheeks when you go down there. He's convinced it smells fine lol.

GugsJr

TeamCR
When you do run the winedor it does pull some humidity so I over saturate the beads in the summer months. I got this for $250 on clearance when Best Buy decided to stop selling them about 3 years ago. Great investment if you ask me.

#theMatrix

Never got into it. But a coworker loves them and smokes weekly.

He swears by any Montecristo ? He's also been getting into this fruity smelly stuff. When he smokes in the summer time on his way home from work. You can smell that stuff while driving behind him.

Lately he's gotten into vape?

madjoe

Premium member
First time i smoked a cuban my dumb arse inhaled . Boy not a good idea they are not black and milds lol sicker then a dog . I do enjoy a good cigar now and then but I couldn’t tel you any of the names my guess is im smoking the cheap crap lol

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I have a humidor and some good Cubans (Cohibas, Romeo y Julietas) but I don't smoke. haha I keep them around in case we have guests that would like a cigar while they're here. But NO smoking inside !!

jrpark22000

Premium member
[MENTION=1500]DD[/MENTION] I've been smoking cigars for prb 10 years now in phases. My tastes have changed from year to year. First I loved flavored cigars, burbon wasn't a thing but Acid brand was.

Anymore I prefer a medium body 30-45 min cigar. My goto would be rocky "the edge" cheap and great. Olvia, hoyo de monterrey, Alec Bradley, Peredomo, Trinidad, and A' Fuente all fit into my humidor for great smokes.

GugsJr

TeamCR
My top cigars are
My Father #2
Montecristo Espada
Davidoff Winston Chruchill Churchill
For a really good inexpensive one Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial
Also the Acid Blonde is really good if you want a flavored cigar

DD

"Rambo"
I've tried a couple of flavored cigars, and they're definitely not for me.

The first one I tried was an Acid Kuba. As soon as I made the cut and tested the draw, I knew I wouldn't like it because of the sweetness. As I started smoking it, there was really nothing special about the blend that they used, just seemed like a regular cheap cigar with some flavor for your lips.

The same experience with the Tabak Dulce. Very sweet, but the tobacco was really nothing special. It did have pretty high nicotine because I got fairly buzzed off of it, but taste wise, it was a letdown.

I've been finding that I'm more a fan of the medium-full bodied cigars. The lighter and more mellow cigars just don't seem to have a very good flavor to them and are uninteresting.

When I first started smoking cigars, Cubans were everything. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that there weren't really very many good cigars outside of Cuba on the market. Today I've had a few cigars that I'm willing to go out on a limb and say give the Cubans a run for their money. At least the ones I had in the past. It's been a long time since I've had a Cuban, so perhaps my opinion would be different today.

madjoe

Premium member
My top cigars are
My Father #2
Montecristo Espada
Davidoff Winston Chruchill Churchill
For a really good inexpensive one Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial
Also the Acid Blonde is really good if you want a flavored cigar
Acid blonde is pretty good

DD

"Rambo"
A few days before Christmas, I decided to risk $110 and order Cubans from a guy on FB that has tons of recommendations.

When I say risk, what I mean is that he only accepted friends and family payments through PayPal so I felt a bit uneasy. Those concerns were pretty much alleviated by the number of people recommending him, so I said screw it and ordered some Bolivar Belicoso Finos. I ordered ten of them, but only 5 are for me. Still haven't tried any, because when they arrived, they were fairly dry and hard, probably because of shipping when it's in the single digits. A little over a week in my humidor, and they're starting to feel good. I may not smoke one for a while yet since the manufacture date is 3/17, and since Cubans aren't aged before they hit the market, you usually want to age them a year or two. I'm guessing I probably won't be waiting that long, but am pretty excited to try one out.