clean up crew suggestions

scotty

I'm running a 28g marineland cube.

currently stocked:
5 nassarius
3 turbos
3 limpets
2 short spine urchins
1 hermit, 1 VERY small hermit just showed up.

they aren't keeping up with the algae, so I need to increase. also I'm not impressed with the sand turnover from just the 5 tonga's snails.

opening up to discussion what i should get, right now I'm looking at dwarf and florida ceriths. gonna buy something tommrow, whatever trop-quatics has probably.

ColaAddict

why don't you work on lowering your phosphates instead. what do you have to lower your phosphate? I got all these snails and crabs in my tank, then I started a refugium, now I barely have any microalgae in my tank. Now all the darn snails and crab do is knock some of my frags down, when they are moving about in the tank (annoying).

scotty

gonna actually. im gonna run some phosban ina bag in the HOB, another reason to get into the store tommrow.

Pufferpunk

I bought 6 emeralds at the swap. they're not touching the algae or dino problems I'm having. Bought a convict tang, too. I don't think anything is gonna eat this stuff. Got the phosphates down to .3 from 3 but need to get them lower.

scotty

Lighting? Old bulb maybe. I do have a mythrax red crab I'm probably gonna get rid of, he's hanging around my duncan too much for me. Making me anxious.

bluethumb

lighting and feeding amount is key, but it sounds like you could use some Astrea snails or margarita snails.