Clown has ick

1boatnut

Unfortunately if they were together,chances are your tank has ich and also needs to be dealt with.
I have qa 10 gal tank you can use,unfortunately I do not have a QT tank set up at the moment as I wasn't planning on getting any fish.

fastrc

I have quarantine tank set up all the time but im to far away. I have extra tanks but will be Saturday till im in Chicago again

fastrc

Invert tank has to go through a 60 day cycle to make sure all ick has hatched eggs and died off with zero livestock in ti till after that date!

Smitty

Premium member
If you don't have an extra tank, you could go out and buy a rubbermaid tub or a 10gal tank from petmart/petco for $10. That way you could treat your clowns and any other future fish you get.

fastrc

If there is not a host for it. It will die off if all fish are removed that way it doesn't have a host to be on. The eggs will be in your tank and will hatch, If they don't find a host they die off. You need to give it 60 days without anything to host on to clear tank of it.The 60 days is up for discussion but i never rush back in.