Clown Tang sick?

SteveV

Anyone have experience with a clown tang? Have had mine for a week and while he was very small (1-1 1/2") seemed like he was eating every day. This morning he was at the bottom in the back hiding. Looks like he is dying??

I feed 2-3 times a day.

Formula 2 flakes
Frozen Mysis Shrimp
Frozen Fish eggs
Frozen Brine- couple times a week don’t really like brine that much..

Every couple weeks some live brine

I cleaned my protein skimmer a few days ago with vinegar in my sink, ran it for 5-10 minutes flushed it out and re installed. It is not producing any gunk yet… Again been a few days but all my water parameters look fine..

No ammonia, nitrites, nitrates.. Phosphates hardly detectable
Cal 425 ish
Ph 8.2

Any ideas??

ALL very small fish
Clown tang, 2x clowns, YT, Blonde Tang, 6 line wrasse, Mandarin Goby, 3 shrimp, scallop ALL are very healthy! Except the Clown Tang

Say 55-75lbs of live rock, minimal sand from my 55 gallon

SteveV

Little fella died last night.. I was able to pull him out. No spots or injuries. I either think someone was picking on him (YT ?) or he just stopped eating.. Not really sure.

Fish_wiz2

Could be anything but I also agree on poor catching methods. I've had a clown tang before with no issues. But a huge thing I did with all my tangs in my old 125 gal is feed nori (seaweed) enriched with Kent Garlic Extreme and Selcon. My prized powder blue loved it.

SteveV

I was putting a drop of Kent garlic extreme on all the frozen food. It was eating with everyone else and then within a day and a half it was dead. After Matrix mentioned cyanide I researched it. It can definitely be the issue especially since it was so small maybe it just caught up to the little guy? Just a bummer.... Thanks for the input!!

Fish_wiz2

I was putting a drop of Kent garlic extreme on all the frozen food. It was eating with everyone else and then within a day and a half it was dead. After Matrix mentioned cyanide I researched it. It can definitely be the issue especially since it was so small maybe it just caught up to the little guy? Just a bummer.... Thanks for the input!!
In my opinion, garlic extreme is just to entice them to eat. The real enrichment comes from vitamin supplements like Selcon and VitaChem saltwater. Consider those especially if you want to try another tang.