clownfish hasnt grown.

pat0588

My friend and i bought clownfish when we set up our tanks. All from the same batch. After 1.5years his are 1-1.5in bigger than mine. I feel like mine have barely grown. He feeds just pellets while i feed a variety of pellets, frozen, and nori. I have two clowns that have established sexes. They are 1.5-2in big. Female is .5in bigger. I just want them to grow bigger, and pair off.

anarchy

I bought 2 clowns over a year ago. The male stayed 1" and the female grew to about 2" just have to be patient and let it do its thing

ANARCHY

trackfast

Princess Trainer
My friend and i bought clownfish when we set up our tanks. All from the same batch. After 1.5years his are 1-1.5in bigger than mine. I feel like mine have barely grown. He feeds just pellets while i feed a variety of pellets, frozen, and nori. I have two clowns that have established sexes. They are 1.5-2in big. Female is .5in bigger. I just want them to grow bigger, and pair off.
What size tanks do you and your friend have?

tinman

Growth in clownfish is not always linear in my opinion ..

when trying to decide which one is female and which one is male between them two they both stay male ( meaning smaller) until decided and then one turns to be female and grows faster than the other one and then after sometime they both start growing relatively but female will always be bigger than the male.

as long as they are eating fine and doing their thing of being cute ;) dont worry about the size. me personally think smaller clowns are much cuter than the bigger ones but its all perspective ..