Copperband butterfly... why wont you eat?

I brought a Copperband home because he hadnt eaten in a week or soo and was looking weak. I have him quarantined and was wondering if you guys had any tips on trying to get him to start eating.

Paulip

Some people use that garlic additive.

It is probably freshly caught from the wild. Though, live pods should be appetizing enough.

ColaAddict

LRS frozen usually works for finicky fish I buy, until they get used to pellts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
Brought home a beautiful finicky Regal and it took FISH FRENZY by LRS to get him to eat , nows he's happy and gettin fat .
Bryan

madjoe

Premium member
Butterflies love live black worms then once u get him eating those u mix in some mysis eventually u can eleminate the blackworms

madjoe

Premium member
And once again buterflies angles and anthias r prone to flukes and from my experiences flukes r major contributer in these fish not eating . Not saying it does have flukes but its something to look into i had few didnt eat couldnt figure out why since they were so fat when i bought then i decided to fw dip some flukes came off and usually within two day fish was eating everything .

Reefwise

Premium Sponsor
I brought a Copperband home because he hadnt eaten in a week or soo and was looking weak. I have him quarantined and was wondering if you guys had any tips on trying to get him to start eating.
The biggest thing with shy/finicky eaters is making them feel comfortable which is hard to do in QT system.

We train finicky eaters to eat in parts of our trough since there is plenty of space and shelter. It also helps that it's a look down.

It also helps if the finicky fish are with fish that already eat. We keep a variety of Anthias in our "training tanks."

The biggest thing with shy/finicky eaters is making them feel comfortable which is hard to do in QT system.

We train finicky eaters to eat in parts of our trough since there is plenty of space and shelter. It also helps that it's a look down.

It also helps if the finicky fish are with fish that already eat. We keep a variety of Anthias in our "training tanks."
So what your saying is I need to go get a pond shell, some llumbing and have a lookdown tank setup in the garage before the wife gets home...lol