coral flaking

dtrm

I don't know what is going on here started flaking last night, has been in the tank since sat picked up at the pizza party. I also lost my blue tip anemone have been fighting ich in the tank and had to put fish in hospital and started treating with copper they all are looking great. I will post test # tonight. We tested last Fri and all numbers were spot on. Any input is always appreciated.

ioevanc

Sorry to see this happen to you. I had a similar problem with some of my frags.(not from pizza party). The tissue suddenly started flaking off exactly like you show on your pictures. I lost 3 great frags this way. Initially it started on one and than it seemed to spread on the other ones. I did some googling and found that it might be the RTN (Rapid Tissue Necrosis), all my water parameteres were great, i'm not sure what is the cause of this. People suggest breaking off the part of the coral thats effected, but that did not seem to stop the progression of the RTN, at least for me it didn't. One frag survived though and seems to be recovering now. I would take the frag thats flaking off out of the tank immediately as this will spread on other ones. Keep posted on the progress on this.

Piscinarii

I will check my frags tonight and let you know if I am seeing anything strange. I picked up 4 frags from the party as well. They seemed fine last night though.