Danny’s $P$ DB 80G

Darienreefs7

It’s happening again. After losing all my fish in my 190 and almost giving up, I’ve decided to make a downgrade in tank size and an upgrade in just about every other aspect. I want to focus on higher end SPS for this build as well as some of my dream fish. Onto my favorite part- equipment.

DB 80G RR
Trigger Systems 36” sump
Apex Classic - WXM - PM2 - BoB
ATI 48” Dimmable 6x54watt T5
Avast marine Skimmer w/ swabbie
Avast marine skimmate locker
Avast marine Gfo/Carbon Reactors
Avast marine K1 kalk stirrer
Jebao DC9000 now Cor15 or Vectra M1 later
Vortech MP40Wes x2
Vortech MP10Wes x1
Tunze 3155 ATO

DB 34g RR Frag Tank
Custom 20 long sump
Radion XR30 G2 x2
Vortech MP10Wes x2
Reef Octopus SSS 110
Bashsea Medium media reactor
Jebao DCS4000
Tunze 3155 ATO

Both tanks will be bare-bottom to allow maximum flow. No matter what sand I used in the past it would always be blown around and just look stupid. I just finished breaking down the 190 and it’s about time I get this build underway. In a few months I’ll be hitting you SPS guys up for some frags. Thanks for reading and it’s great to finally be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darienreefs7

Made a few purchases for the tanks.

2 Neptune DOS
2 Neptune DDR
Neptune AFS

Unfortunately one of the DDRs was damaged during shipping so I’m still waiting for my replacement. I’m debating on picking up a UV sterilizer, anyone have any thoughts on UV suggestions? I’m looking at the Jebao 55w and the Aqua UV 25W.

Darienreefs7

Decided to hold off on setting up the new system. Looks like I’ll be moving out soon and hopefully getting a basement fishroom. Here’s a shot of the nems in the 34. They are splitting like crazy.

Darienreefs7

It really is crazy how much these guys have grown/split over the last couple months. I started with 3 when I took down my 190 and then 6 and month later, I’m counting around 12 today. For reference, the nem on the right is about the size of a softball.

Darienreefs7

Well it’s been over a year now since I’ve had a tank running and the reefing bug is starting to come back. I’ve been signing on and off for a while now to see how some of you guys have been doing and wanted to get in on the action and share what I’ve been up to during my hiatus.

I’ve been working almost nonstop at a steel mill as a technician for just shy of 3 years now and have picked up a few new things. Among those things are programming and welding. With nearly an endless source of material to practice on I’ve been trying to try my hand at making steel aquarium stands. Here is one I just recently finished for a Deep Blue 30

I’m planning an odd build with a few different size tanks and plan to weld all of the stands and canopies for the upcoming project. Thanks for reading and hopefully there will be more to come.

Reefaholic

Premium member
Well it’s been over a year now since I’ve had a tank running and the reefing bug is starting to come back. I’ve been signing on and off for a while now to see how some of you guys have been doing and wanted to get in on the action and share what I’ve been up to during my hiatus.

I’ve been working almost nonstop at a steel mill as a technician for just shy of 3 years now and have picked up a few new things. Among those things are programming and welding. With nearly an endless source of material to practice on I’ve been trying to try my hand at making steel aquarium stands. Here is one I just recently finished for a Deep Blue 30

I’m planning an odd build with a few different size tanks and plan to weld all of the stands and canopies for the upcoming project. Thanks for reading and hopefully there will be more to come.

That stand looks Great ! Will you be making custom stands to sell? Might need one in the near future.

Darienreefs7

That stand looks Great ! Will you be making custom stands to sell? Might need one in the near future.
Thanks I appreciate it! Believe it or not I actually built the stand for the DB 34 you had just sold, small world haha. I guess I hadn’t really considered selling custom stands yet, I may consider making a few of people are interested enough! I have quite a few ideas and would love to implement them.

Reefaholic

Premium member
Thanks I appreciate it! Believe it or not I actually built the stand for the DB 34 you had just sold, small world haha. I guess I hadn’t really considered selling custom stands yet, I may consider making a few of people are interested enough! I have quite a few ideas and would love to implement them.

Wow thats cool, the stand was my favorite part of that set up. But I never got to set it up, because I picked up a bigger tank and had to make space for it. But it was a nice.