diy over flow

WeePee

heres the overflow i plan to use on my 30 gallon frag tank..

all you need is 3 easy parts:
1x 1" right elbow
1x 1.25" of 1" PVC
1x 1/2" strainer thing (comes with basically all pumps, see in pics)

parts:

assembly:

place strainer into the right elbow

place piece of 1" pvc into the elbow, on top of the strainer.
the piece of pvc will hold the strainer in place.

this allows for some room above to allow surface skimming!

the strainer does not allow any critters to get into your overflow!

of course the parts can be siliconed or pvc glued together, but i would recommend against that to make for easy cleaning. can be used with any size pvc/strainers you have as long as they fit.

this is simply the internal part to be used with a standard standpipe overflow.

WeePee

Yes, it is a pretty standard Durso....
its my take on it. i never said it was original or new, its just what i am going to use. i felt it was different enough to post since in the past ive seen many people using different ways or things for strainers.

its sad when a similar post would probably get a better response on RC.

I'm trying to follow this idea but one quesion is....do you have to have a drilled tank for this to work?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

kurens

hey Owen are you gonna use tube between valve and hole or not?i got some problems with gurgling noise.

WeePee

Have you seen the original BeanAnimal thread on RC? They had to shut it down due to the criticism he was receiving for copying Herbie's design.

I am just not sure why you would go through all that strainer fitting when you can just get the proper sized strainer to slip right into the 90* elbow.
if i were to fit a strainer directly to the PVC it would be 3 times longer, and if it were facing down instead of up it would no longer work for surface skimming.

and once again, this idea is not reinventing the wheel, it is simply just adding a new set of rims.