DIY yeast CO2 for the planted tank

critter243

well, if you wanna keep up with the reactor changes this is very nice .. i am using this now but i would still like the co2 setup :)

what kinda co2 setup did you buy for 80 ?
I bought mine at Petco. It's nothing fancy but gets the job done.

I had heard of a DIY setup like this. Wish I would have found it before I spent $80.00 on my co2 setup for my planted tank. That's pretty slick and the tutorial was very nice. Thanks for the info.
Honestly, you can't beat a pressurized setup. On this one, I change out the bottles once a week at least. It can turn out to be more expensive than a pressurized one in the long run.

well, if you wanna keep up with the reactor changes this is very nice .. i am using this now but i would still like the co2 setup :)

what kinda co2 setup did you buy for 80 ?
I want to go pressurized too. This is good for the short run though.

jayjigga

I had heard of a DIY setup like this. Wish I would have found it before I spent $80.00 on my co2 setup for my planted tank. That's pretty slick and the tutorial was very nice. Thanks for the info.
Did you pick up the Fluval system? Those stupid non-refillable canisters will add up over time...but if you have a small tank, it'll last longer. I'd never attempt it on anything bigger than a pico. What plants you keeping that demand co2?

ClownWizard

Yes, thank you for the tutorial. I wasn't sure whether to get an actual CO2 reactor or go DIY for my little borthers planted tank. I will probably be going DIY now. It seems really like a money saver, and it keeps you involved in the tank. :p

He only has a 10 gallon tank, and hopefully he gets into the hobby even more. He is already looking for an upgrade. At my expense, I am the cool brother that buys everything :marchmellow: