Does anyone keep Tropheus?

I keep a group of 23 Duboisi Maswas. They're literally the best thing I've had next to saltwater and it's turning me into a Cichlid fiend again lol, I'll post up a video tomorrow.

Haha thanks! What size tank do you have your colony in right now? I have mine in a 55 and I'm setting up a 100G Ocean View tank from DSA as a Peacock and Hap tank but not sure if I should go with a 90 or plain 75g as an upgrade for my Maswa's

Addiction

Haha thanks! What size tank do you have your colony in right now? I have mine in a 55 and I'm setting up a 100G Ocean View tank from DSA as a Peacock and Hap tank but not sure if I should go with a 90 or plain 75g as an upgrade for my Maswa's
My group is in a 75 gallon. It works, but I have kept groups in six foot tanks in the past and I think they look better in there. I sold my larger tanks last year so I just have my 75 gallon reef, 75 gallon Troph tank, and a 40 gallon breeder with Geophagus Red Head Tapajos.

Post a picture of your Tapajos!!!

Yeah I could only imagine them in a six foot tank lol my work at AQA has Kiriza in this huge tank, maybe about 150 gallons or so and I'm pretty much the guy who cleans and feeds these guys since I like them so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addiction

I rarely notice my Trophs swimming in the top third of my 75 gallon. The 90 is nice, but length is better than height with Trophs.

I rarely notice my Trophs swimming in the top third of my 75 gallon. The 90 is nice, but length is better than height with Trophs.
True, I find it though that my fish tend to swim up farther if the rock work is closer to the surface. That or my 55 is shallow for them lol.

I like your rock wall. Are those Synodontis multipunctatus?

I would spend the little extra and get the 90.
Thanks! That's what I'm probably going to do. And yes there's also Petricola and some other species I have in there that seems to hide more than the other two lol. Love the activity of both fish.

Ednigma13

I agree a 6' tank would be better then a 4' tank. The reason I like the 90 over the 75 it gives you more water stability and more height if you want to add fish that like to swim in the top 1/3 of the tank. Not sure what fish would work with Tropheus but the people over on the GCCA forum would probably have some ideas.

True, I find it though that my fish tend to swim up farther if the rock work is closer to the surface. That or my 55 is shallow for them lol.

Thanks! That's what I'm probably going to do. And yes there's also Petricola and some other species I have in there that seems to hide more than the other two lol. Love the activity of both fish.
I thought I saw a Petricola in your video. You should start a thread for your 100 Peacock and Hap tank.

I thought I saw a Petricola in your video. You should start a thread for your 100 Peacock and Hap tank.
Yep, I'm gonna split them up and throw some in the 100g, but I think I will. I'm picking up a few fish tomorrow morning so I'll make it tomorrow!

Addiction

I believe gobbies can attempt to steal the eggs of Tropheus during a spawn and hold them in their mouths. I cannot be sure mine did that, but my gobies definitely held eggs before. I just don't know if they were their own or not.

Paulip

Where do you get a nice variety of Tropheus (Moorii or similar) in Chicago? Are any of you breeders?