Ellegance Coral issue

SteveV

Have had a elegance coral for about a year and has been doing great up until about a week ago. Has 4 cones and 1 has died off. Haven't moved it for a while. Nothing else is very close to bother it. Could something at night be messing with it? Will the other sections die? All my water parameters seem fine. Have been having issues with Cyano and been treating with waste away. Since I started treating it seems like all my corals are doing better, little bigger. Skimmer seems like it is taking more junk out of the water... Not sure about reducing any Cyano yet.. Any ideas?

cment

I know that elegance corals in general like somewhat dirty water like zoas. Maybe bc of the treatment you're doing it stripped the water too quick of whatever the elegance liked. Im not sure if the others will die but you could always dip it in lugos or another iodine solution. It could help or irritate it by moving it, your call.

Last edited:

SteveV

Thanks I am was thinking the same thing about the water being to clean. Think if I throw some Essential Elements in it will help? I did move it a little... Appreciate the help!

cment

I would try to not move it especially since it was doing good in that spot for the last year. Essential elements may help and so might spot feeding it some reef roids so its worth a try.